Open your climate decade coverage with insights from global sustainable business leaders
VANCOUVER, Jan. 14, 2020 /CNW/ – Media accreditation is now open for GLOBE 2020, the largest sustainable business summit and innovation showcase in North America, which will take place from Feb. 10-13 at the Vancouver Convention Centre West.
Applications for consideration are open to all media outlets and photo agencies. Media passes are restricted to professional journalists, videographers, photographers and bloggers.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has signalled that we have just over 10 years to stave off the worst effects of climate change. Bold climate action could also deliver at least $26 trillion in economic benefits and more than 65 million jobs worldwide by 2030, according to the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate. At GLOBE 2020, gain access to the top executives, cleantech innovators, academics, young leaders, investors and government representatives who are accelerating the transition to a clean economy.
Key themes of the conference are the Climate Crisis, Sustainability as Strategy, Energy Transformation, the Circular Economy and Mobilizing Capital. The program is available here and featured speakers include:
- David Wallace-Wells, New York Times #1 Best-selling Author of The Uninhabitable Earth
- Kate Brandt, Google Sustainability Officer
- Varshini Prakash, Executive Director and Co-founder, Sunrise Movement
- Kate Chisholm, Q.C. Senior Vice President, Chief Legal and Sustainability Officer, Capital Power
- Tim Faveri, Vice President, Sustainability and Shared Value, Maple Leaf Foods
- Neil Gerber, Director, New Energy and Blockchain, IBM
- Eric Usher, Head, UNEP Finance Initiative
- Megan Leslie, Chief Executive Officer, WWF Canada
- Several provincial and federal cabinet ministers
About GLOBE Series
GLOBE Series is the largest and longest-running sustainable business summit and innovation showcase in North America. GLOBE 2020 is the 30th anniversary of this iconic event, which has brought together 170,000 people from 97 countries since 1990.
GLOBE Series is part of a constellation of organizations that includes The Delphi Group, EXCEL Partnership and Leading Change. We work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We provide services and platforms that empower business, government and youth to improve performance while accelerating the clean economy.
SOURCE GLOBE 2020